Open Streets Nashville will be coming to 2.3 miles of 12th Ave South on October 30, 2016. This iconic stretch connects the Gulch, Edgehill and 12th South neighborhoods.
The event will kick off at 1:30pm with a parade and continue until 6pm.
All of Nashville is invited to walk, bike, skate, and play in the streets with us in this fun, free and family-friendly event.
There will be numerous fun activities along along the route. Businesses will be invited to open up their doors with sidewalk sales, parklets, sidewalk seating, games, and more. In addition there will be 2 activity hubs along the route with games and activities organized by community partners. Sign up to host an activity here.
Metro Parks and other partners will also be hosting FREE community fitness classes in front of Edgehill Library. These classes will be short and running throughout the day.
Kick Off Parade: Trek and Treat!
Kick off Open Streets Nashville with us in a parade. The parade will start at 1:30pm the Halcyon Bike Shop 2802 12th Ave South and proceed towards the Gulch. This year the parade will be Halloween themed. So pull out your best costume for your bike and/or dog, dress up and join us! All forms of human-powered movement encouraged!
What to Know Day Of
- Open Streets Nashville is FREE for EVERYONE!
- There is no start or finish line at Open Streets Nashville. Join us whenever and wherever.
- We strongly encourage you to walk, bike or take the bus to Open Streets Nashville. There is also parking available at Sevier Park, Rose Park at in the Gulch. Please respect our neighbors if parking on neighborhood streets.
- Kirkwood, Wedgewood Ave, Edgehill Ave and Division Street will remain open to cross traffic. Security personnel will be on site to help everyone cross.
- MTA routes will be detoured onto parallel routes.
More info @ http://www.openstreetsnashville.org/12th